Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Turtle Tuesday



Here are my latest cuties! Laverne and Shirley are the ladies with the beautifully beaded backsides. Laverne is the larger lass. Dottie is my first attempt at using needle felting to decorate my felted menagerie. I was going to add different colors of polka dots, but Eric suggested having a series of turtles with different colored dots.

While we were up visiting my in laws this weekend, I took my yarn with me to make more animals. My neice fell in love with the tiny striped one I was finishing, so I gave it to her. The boys were pretty fascinated as well-- the younger one more so with the ball of green yarn! He's getting a turtle out of his favorite green, and the oldest was asking what else could I make? So I told him rabbits and turtles, and I have a frog in the works. He wants a frog. I'll give him my prototype when I'm finished with it. Of course, my neice wants a frog now too...

No comments: