Monday, June 23, 2008

New Idea, What Do Y'all Think?

Ok, so I'm still having a great time making turtles and I've managed to change my pattern to make them even tinier. I've been wondering though: do you think there would be any interest in personalized turtles? I was thinking I could put people's names or initials on the turtle shells either with beading or with needle felting. I just started needle felting and its pretty cool! Perfect for embellishing my amigurumi animals and still be toddler-proof. I'll be listing Dottie, my first needle felted turtle this week, along with Laverne and Shirley, two beaded turtles.

In other news, we bought a new laptop this weekend. My laptop died last year, so Eric and I have been sharing his. Now his laptop is dying. So, new laptop. Its very light, under 4 pounds and way faster than Eric's laptop. The cool thing is, we bought it at Best Buy, where we have a rewards zone card (you get gift certificates for a percentage of what you spend), using gift cards that we bought through the grocery store (where you can get up to 50 cents off a gallon of gas on 4 fill ups) and using the credit card that has cash back. So, we basically tripled up our rewards, and we'll save a ton on gas next month. Which is good, because we're driving to a wedding in DC!

No comments: