Tuesday, June 17, 2008

St Louis Puffins!



This weekend we visited St Louis with our friends Harold and Megumi. I lived in St Louis for a year during my residency. Its a really cool city with tons of stuff to do and it only takes about six and a half hours to drive to from Columbus. Anyway, when Eric and I moved out there, Harold helped us move (yes, we shanghied him into helping) and while he was there, we took him to the zoo. Harold was mesmerized by the puffins. So, a few Fridays ago, Harold mentioned that he wanted to go visit the puffins, and since I had a day off, and we hadn't been back to the Lou in a few years, we decided to tag along, split the gas and hotel room. We had a great time revisiting old haunts, going to the zoo (yes, puffins!) the Boathouse in Forest Park, the City Museum, and stocking up on Schaflys Hefeweizen. Am I too old to go on a beer run? Apparently not!

1 comment:

A Day in the Life of Cait & Kyle said...

OMG-the puffin in so cute!!! I don't think I've ever seen one!! Sounds like you guys had fun!!
hugs,
C