Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bathing Scarlett


We've had some pretty low key weekends lately, and I've been feeling really lazy. Because of that, I really haven't had anything too exciting to post. Yes, I'm excited about Buckeye Football starting this weekend, but it also means that summer is over, and other than going to our friends' wedding in July, I didn't take any time off from work, and I think I'm a little cranky about that. So, next summer, definitely taking some sort of vacation! Or, people could come and visit...

Anyway, I digress! The highlight of last weekend was giving Scarlett, our fur child, a bath. Yes, I know, its kind of sad that this is how exciting my weekends have been lately! My parents always think that I do nothing but go out with friends, have friends over, etc, but we haven't even had an impromptu Wii party lately! (well, it was finals week for Eric) We usually give Scarlett a bath a couple times a year. She loves playing up in the basement crawlspace, so she gets kind of dusty and musty smelling even though she is very fastidious about cleaning herself (and sleeping). So, we bathe the cat. She actually does pretty well for a cat getting soaked, although this time she was a lot more vocal about her dislike of bathtime. Her fur is soft to begin with, but after her bath, its incredibly soft like rabbit fur. And she gets very snuggly too. She spent the entire afternoon on my lap afterwards.

5 comments:

libu said...

OMG I used to wash my cats but for flea control. once I started using Advantage on them when needed, I will never wash another cat..very unpleasant task!!!

Moriah said...

She's an indoor cat, and gets advantage too. I am slightly allergic to cats so we bathe her to control the pet dander. And its definitely a two person task!

TrishaRitchieNC said...

She's so cute! My cat is 17 years old now and would have a fit if I tried to bathe him.

kim* said...

i still never gave my cat a bath he always hated it. i want to take him to get professionally groome dhe is scared of vets and groomers :)

- people that know how to handle him.

TheresaJ said...

Hi Moriah -- Yes you do! (have great glass classes/workshops in Ohio). I guess it's a fair trade. I've yet to find a place to take classes locally -- and my metalsmithing space for classes and open studio nights closed (which I posted about). Really a bummer!

The kittie is adorable. Bathing cats is always quite the experience. Mine detests it!