Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Glass is Fun!


I had my second glass workshop on Saturday! This time, it was dichroic glass pendants. These are basically layers of glass sandwiched between two pieces of glass and fused in a kiln. I so totally want a kiln now! I think that will have to wait until we have a house with a bigger garage, (or a workshop?) and it can go right next to the potter's wheel I want too... :)
Anyway, these are the three pieces I made, and I plan to wire wrap them and make them into pendants.

5 comments:

Joy De Vivre Design said...

Very pretty pendants and I love your blown glass pumpkins! I have always wanted to take a class to learn how to do the blown glass things.

TheresaJ said...

Beautiful. Sounds like we have similar dreams. I'd love a workshop, but I don't even have a garage. I asked for and received a torch last Christmas, but I've yet to fire it up at home. Soon though...

Tami said...

Hmm...you could always convert the basement...(don't tell Eric where you got the idea...)

Moriah said...

I could, but then I would have to upgrade the venting in the basement.

Tami said...

Is that what Eric does down there? hehehe...I'm sure your venting would be an upgrade (I've heard it).

All kidding aside, yeah, I hadn't thought about the fume issue...