Saturday, May 17, 2008

Oh Look! Turtles!


Just a quick update while I'm felting these cute little guys. I love making these turtles! They are so darling and easy to make. I'm going to leave some of them plain, some of them are already pretty fancy with their racing stripes, and some of them are going to get a little bling of their own. The unembellished ones make great baby gifts, or one of the ladies I work with think they would be good dog toys. I think they would be sturdy and safe enough for that, but I don't want to know if you're using them for that purpose.

In other news, the bead class is tonight. I'm actually pretty nervous about this because Christie (my neighbor and partner in crime) and I went to the guest artist's trunk show last night which was being held during another one of her classes. The teacher totally b***hed this poor woman out for not knowing some of the stitches real well! The reason why I'm worried is because this beading technique is something I've been dabbling in, but just for simple bracelets, and I have never done Peyote or Brick stitch before. So, Christie has christened the teacher the "Wicked Bead Lady" and I hope I do okay in this class. Fortunately, I don't think there's a test at the end!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the turtles & bunnies. So cute!! So cool :)
cait