Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend



Okay, so this isn't arts and crafts related (unless you think vintage cars can be a piece of art!)

I sold my 1982 BMW 528e last week. That was my first car I ever owned, it belonged to my grandparents who gave it to my sister and me for our high school graduation present. The car had 172,000 miles on it when I sold it. The reason why I sold it was because I bought a Honda two years ago, and while I had every intention of driving the beemer on the weekends, I just never did. So it was sitting out in our parking lot being ignored and slowly rusting. I felt slightly guilty everytime I looked at my poor little car because until I bought the Honda, that car was pampered!

I sold it to a family who has two teenagers getting their drivers' licenses soon (shouldn't every kids' first car be a BMW?), and their dad's hobby is restoring old cars. I think he is more excited than the kids about his new project!

Its difficult letting something that I've had for so long go, but its easier doing so knowing that the new owners are able to take care of the car and really apprieciate it for what a cool old beast it is. I'm looking forward to seeing it restored to its former glory! Broomhilda, you will be missed!!!

1 comment:

Tami said...

*Gasp* How could you?? The big bad beemer will be missed...gone but not forgotten, my old friend...