Wednesday, May 20, 2009

St. Petersburg Chain



I had a another beading workshop on Monday night. This is my work in progress-- isn't it nifty? The stitch is a double St. Petersburg Chain, and the bottom of the pendant is going to have lots of beaded fringe when I'm finished getting the length of the chain to where I want it. The focal bead is Labradorite (my current fave!) and I actually got some of the blue flashes in the picture. The seed beads are size 11, and it takes 3mm Swarovski crystals. I picked light sapphire satin since it goes well with the labradorite. This is a neat project, but its pretty intensive since you have to make half of the upper side, then the other half, and then work on the lower halves separately. I have a ton of respect for beadweavers; it takes a ton of time and work!


In other news, I'm trying to make my own light box so I can take pictures whenever I need to and not wait for a sunny day. The convenience will be good, but I will miss showcasing parts of my garden! (Which looks awesome this year!!)